ScienceLogic™ LLC today announced the release of Version 3.3 of its EM7 IT Management System, a cost-effective appliance with pre-integrated applications and reporting to simplify management of your business-critical IT – for service providers, government and military agencies and more. The latest EM7 release includes many usability enhancements and new features resulting from direct customer input, including special features designed for and at the request of service providers.
Newest version delivers Automated IP Management, plus Comprehensive Ticket
Tracking and enhanced Bandwidth Billing Engine requested by service-provider
Chantilly, VA (PRWEB) September 8, 2005 -- ScienceLogic™ LLC, whose revolutionary EM7™ System is deployed in networks throughout the service provider, government, and commercial sectors, today announced the release of Version 3.3 of its EM7 IT Management System. The latest EM7 release includes many usability enhancements and new features resulting from direct customer input.
"We're always looking for customer feedback on ways to meet specific needs," said Chris Cordray, a ScienceLogic founder and chief technical officer. "Customers are on the front line. We tell them how they can use the EM7 System, and they show us how they actually use it. With the addition of features like Automated IP Management, enhanced Executive Reports and a more robust Bandwidth Billing Engine, the EM7 System now provides information technology (IT) experts, managers and executives with a greater range of tools to help them realize the business value of IT."
"ScienceLogic's dedication to continuous innovation means that they are very responsive to customers' needs," said Frank Mobley, vice president of operations at Peak 10, the Southeast's leading data center services provider. "They understand that, as the users of the EM7 System, we're the best people to help them improve it. So when we needed help automating bandwidth billing calculations, we went to ScienceLogic first.
"There are point solutions out there that include billing calculation engines for service providers, but a point solution would have to be integrated with what we already have," Mobley said. "If ScienceLogic could provide this piece of the service provider operations puzzle then there would be no extra work or cost because all components of the EM7 solution are pre-integrated for us."
Version 3.3 highlights
The EM7 System Version 3.3, like its predecessors, combines a number of management applications – including ticketing, automated alerts and notification escalation, compliance and reporting – in a robust, cost-effective appliance to simplify management of business-critical IT. Built upon a common data repository, the EM7 System delivers simplified, aggregated and customized views of network, application and IT process availability and performance. The EM7 System embodies best practices for any IT department through automated alerts, escalation and even service restarts that may be customized according to IT department policies and workflow. The following capabilities are some of the highlights included in Version 3.3:
* Automated IP Management: 90% of the work of provisioning and managing IPs (Internet Protocol) now can be automated using the EM7 System. A new IP Calculator can quickly and easily calculate IP subnets of any required size.
* Ticketing - Time Tracking & Performance Reporting: Enhanced IT department reports provide productivity metrics (e.g., response times) that enable IT managers to re-allocate resources as necessary to improve overall service levels.
* New Executive Reports: As part of a continuing effort to identify reports that convey meaningful information to various EM7 users, these summary reports track the volume of log messages and SNMP Traps received across the entire network for quick and easy identification of system hot spots.
* Custom Asset Reporting: This feature automatically creates an asset management report containing more than 24 unique fields for each auto-discovered asset connected to a network. A comprehensive report covering thousands of devices can be created in less than a minute.
* Dual File System Thresholds: The EM7 system now allows two thresholds to be established for file systems so that different severities (and corresponding alert and escalation policies) can be assigned at each level. The dual thresholds provide notifications that are more in line with business needs.
* DNS Relationship Map: EM7 customers can view DNS (domain name server) relationships at a glance in a dynamic map that is automatically created through the powerful EM7 Auto Discovery feature.
Enhancements for Service Providers
In addition to the features above, this release includes a robust billing solution specifically designed for the business-critical needs of service providers.
* Bandwidth Billing Engine: Service providers and other IT departments can use this capability to accommodate a variety of customer billing settings. It includes search capabilities and analytical tools such as real-time graphing and utilization calculation that enable the creation of detailed customer billing reports based upon network usage for any specified time period.
* Customer Billing by Product SKU: At the request of customers, EM7 Version 3.3 also includes the ability to track and bill against specific SKUs that an organization is using.
* Time Tracking – "Charge-Back" Billing – The EM7 integrated ticketing system gives users the ability to log time spent resolving problems and working on system tasks. Reporting is available at user, ticket and SKU levels, providing information for more efficient resource allocation.
"EM7 is a perfect solution for service providers," Cordray said, "delivering SLA management features and tools to keep their networks (and those of their customers) and applications up and running for a fraction of the cost of traditional point and framework solutions. Thanks to Peak 10 and other ScienceLogic customers, Version 3.3 specifically addresses a critical billing calculation need for service providers that is a natural extension of what the EM7 system already delivers."
Pricing and Availability
The ScienceLogic EM7 System Version 3.3 is available now. Pricing starts at $25,000 and includes one day of on-site installation, configuration and training and one year of support.
Chantilly-VA based ScienceLogic LLC was founded in 2003 with one goal: Simplify IT™. Founded and staffed by technology professionals who are intensely focused on making IT management simpler, better and faster, ScienceLogic is committed to delivering IT management solutions with unquestionable quality and value, enabling its customers to deliver impeccable service to their constituents. ScienceLogic's EM7 System is a cost-effective appliance with pre-integrated applications and reporting to simplify management of your business-critical IT – for service providers, government and military agencies and more. For more information, call 1-800-724-5644 (1-800-SCI-LOGI) or visit our web site at www.sciencelogic.com.
ScienceLogic, EM7, and "Simplify IT," are trademarks of ScienceLogic, LLC in the United States, other countries, or both. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/9/prweb281851.htm