SMT manufacturers face many misconceptions about the equipment requirements for lead-free wave soldering as they struggle to answer the question: “Is our wave soldering process ready for the transition to lead-free materials?”
Franklin, Mass. (PRWEB) August 22, 2005 -- SMT manufacturers face many
misconceptions about the equipment requirements for lead-free wave soldering as
they struggle to answer the question: “Is our wave soldering process ready for
the transition to lead-free materials?”
To help, SMT manufacturing experts from Speedline Technologies will address the issues involved in a free, live, Web seminar, titled “Lead-Free Wave Soldering,” on Thursday, Sept. 15, from 11 a.m. to Noon, U.S. Eastern time. Topics for the seminar include:
* Wave solder equipment configurations
* Flux chemistries and solder alloys
* Material/Equipment interaction
* Defect reduction
A Questions & Answers discussion will be included.
For more information, and to register, visit http://www.speedlinetech.com/seminars or call 1-508-541-4749.
Future free, live Web seminars – all scheduled at 11 AM to Noon, U.S. E.T. – include:
* Thurs., Oct. 20: Lead-Free Reflow Soldering
* Thurs., Nov. 17: Tin Whiskers
* Thurs., Dec. 15: Fine Pitch Printing
About Speedline Technologies:
Speedline Technologies is the global leader in process knowledge and expertise for the PCB assembly and semiconductor industries. Based in Franklin, Massachusetts, U.S.A., the company markets five best-in-class brands — Accel microelectronics cleaning equipment; Camalot dispensing systems; Electrovert wave soldering, reflow soldering, and cleaning equipment; MPM stencil and screen printing systems; and Protect global services, support, and training solutions. Speedline was named as the “2005 Surface Mount Technology Company of the Year” by Frost & Sullivan.
For more information, visit http://www.speedlinetech.com or contact Speedline at:
* USA: Speedline Technologies, 16 Forge Park, Franklin, MA 02038 USA, Tel: 1-508-520-0083, Fax: 1-508-520-2288;
* Europe: Speedline Technologies GmbH, Im Gefierth 14, 63303 Dreieich, Germany, Tel: +49 (0)6103/832-0, Fax: +49(0)6103/832-299;
* Asia: Speedline Technologies Asia Pte Ltd, 150 Kampong Ampat, #05-08 KA Centre, Singapore 368324, Tel: 65-6286-6635, Fax: 65-6289-9411.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/8/prweb274055.htm