AP9 24Protect Plus Offers Money-Saving Tips For Safeguarding Personal Information from Hackers, Spyware, More
Stamford, CT (PRWEB) March 30, 2005 -- Software enhancements and diligent
monitoring by consumers can lower the risk of computer attacks, reports AP9
24Protect Plus, a premier security program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC.
Even as the frequency of Internet threats continues to increase, AP9 24Protect
Plus members can take advantage of great deals on innovative software, including
filters, virus protection, anti-spyware protection and more.
AP9 24Protect Plus members can access their benefits via DealPass.com, a secure portal that offers members savings on a variety of safeguards for their families, homes, assets, pets and, of course, computers.
AP9 24Protect Plus is dedicated to educating and protecting the public against invasions of their home computers and the personal information stored therein. As an introductory primer for protecting home computers, AP9 24Protect Plus offers these helpful tips:
- Update your operating system and Web browser software regularly. Operating systems frequently offer free software “patches” to close newly discovered system flaws that spyware can exploit.
- Install a personal firewall on your computer. A firewall keeps unauthorized users from infiltrating your computer and can alert you if spyware already on your computer is sending information out.
- Install Internet filters to protect your children. Filters can prevent unwanted e-mails from reaching your kids — and keep your kids away from inappropriate websites.
- Don’t install software without knowing exactly what it is. Read the end-user license agreement (EULA) carefully before you download software, including games, peer-to-peer file-sharing programs, or anything else that may change or customize your computer functions. If you can’t find or understand the EULA, don’t install the software.
- Delete spam e-mails without opening them. Spam e-mailers cast a wide net, hoping to attract users to sites that can invade your system and spread viruses via your computer. The easiest defense against these threats is your “delete” button.
- Use “strong” passwords. Create passwords that contain at least eight characters, and be sure to use at least one number and one symbol (e.g., “%”). Don’t use common words, family names or other passwords that hackers can easily guess.
In addition to computer protections, AP9 24Protect Plus provides access to savings on home improvement projects; legal and financial advice; medical records storage; and other family safeguards, including emergency roadside assistance and much more.
About AP9 24Protect Plus
AP9 24Protect Plus is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass.com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing membership programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 24Protect Plus.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/3/prweb222910.htm