Community employee directory edition offered free of charge to help organizations jumpstart identity information-sharing evolution.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB via PR Web
Direct) January 18, 2005 -- Namescape Corporation, an innovative provider of
B2E employee directory and resource directory applications for Microsoft-based
environments, announced the availability of Namescape rDirectory 1.2. The
software is available in three tiered software editions with enhanced
functionality and simplified pricing – including a baseline edition available
free of charge. Namescape rDirectory (formerly known as Namescape Active
Catalog) includes tools for building and customizing catalog applications that
allow users to securely self-service, use and find information for virtually any
Microsoft directory-based corporate resource. With its latest release, Namescape
has increased the ability of rDirectory to integrate with other applications
(e.g., Excel, Outlook), websites (e.g., SharePoint) and external data sources.
And, to help organizations jumpstart their move to web-based employee directory
applications, Namescape is providing its baseline Community Employee Directory
Edition free of charge – an offer not available with competitive
These new software editions are intended to help companies as they evolve their Enterprise Resource Management and directory services initiatives. “The degree to which organizations make use of Active Directory’s capabilities varies widely, and these new features and editions make rDirectory an ideal choice for our customers at each stage of their directory infrastructure evolution,” said Randy Bradley, president of Namescape. “Because rDirectory is so feature rich and flexible, we’re happy to give away the baseline functionality. Organizations can use the Community Employee Directory Edition, experience the value, then seamlessly upgrade to enhanced rDirectory editions as their Active Directory infrastructure and needs progress.”
As a company focused squarely on the Microsoft market, Namescape seeks to extend the value of Active Directory and Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) through its rDirectory product line. “Tapping the potential of Active Directory through employee directory and resource directory applications makes perfect sense for Microsoft customers, and the range of enhancements announced by Namescape are a welcome addition to the Active Directory market”, said Jackson Shaw, product manager, Microsoft Directory Services. “Also, Namescape’s willingness to provide the Community Employee Directory Edition free of charge offers an immediate benefit to those Microsoft customers who want to use ADAM as a corporate white-pages.“
New Namescape rDirectory Software Editions
Namescape rDirectory software (formerly known as “Namescape Active Catalog” software), is now available in three editions, with simplified pricing and tiered, increasingly powerful functionality.
* Community Employee Directory Edition is designed for organizations that want to initiate a basic web-based employee directory application. This edition enhances the basic functionality found in the Global Address List, yet supports both Active Directory and ADAM. Users can easily search, sort and print results, export data to Outlook Contacts, launch emails, and navigate user and group relationships. The Community Employee Directory Edition is available free of charge.
* Professional Employee Directory Edition is a scalable, feature-rich, and customizable employee directory application with powerful self-service and Excel export capabilities.
* Enterprise Resource Directory Edition unleashes the full potential of Active Directory as a platform for directory applications of virtually any enterprise resource. This edition supports virtually any schema and syntax available and includes additional features such as a role-based menu, audit logging, and web forms to integrate with other websites and data sources.
Namescape partners continue to applaud the value rDirectory brings to their customers. “rDirectory delivers phenomenal value to customers straight off the shelf, yet is flexible and extensible enough to support complex implementations,” said Brian Brannigan, managing director of Agreon. “This release provides additional customization and integration opportunities for us to deliver visible value that leverages our customers’ investment in Active Directory.”
New rDirectory Features Enhance Security and Integration Capabilities
Namescape has added customer-driven enhancements to rDirectory in several key areas. (For a detailed list of functionality by edition, see www.namescape.com/editions.) Enhancement highlights include:
* Excel and Outlook Export Capabilities: Namescape rDirectory can be tailored to allow users to export rDirectory search results to an Excel spreadsheet, or user details to their Outlook Contacts, thereby enabling easier off-line use of directory information.
* Audit Logging - Customers can now get a complete security audit log of all directory changes made via rDirectory to support greater regulatory compliance.
* New Web Form Module - The new plug-in Web Form module enables rDirectory to pass directory information, such as an employee ID, to a custom website to integrate information from external data sources. The Web Form module also allows websites such as SharePoint to be associated and displayed with directory objects, making rDirectory a simple way for users to find and access distributed SharePoint sites.
* New Attribute Modules – Two new plug-in attribute modules, Name and Address, provide composite attribute functionality, such as Ambiguous Name Resolution searches that provide users with improved matching during searches, and natural envelope-like formatting of address data.
* UPN Logon Support – User Principle Names are now supported for logon on ADAM and Active Directory, enabling a simplified and platform transparent logon experience.
* Dynamic PickList Support – PickLists used to control the searching, editing, and formatting of directory information are now stored is separate XML files, enabling automated synchronization with other IT systems.
Pricing and Availability
All Namescape rDirectory Editions are available now, directly from Namescape at www.namescape.com or by calling +1-480-922-9909. Namescape has also been awarded a General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule number, providing federal agencies with an additional resource for obtaining Namescape’s rDirectory products and maintenance services.
Namescape rDirectory pricing is as follows:
* Community Employee Directory Edition: Free of charge
* Professional Employee Directory Edition: $695 (First 200 users)
* Enterprise Resource Directory Edition: $1395 (First 200 users)
Over 200 users: significant volume discounts apply to the Professional or Enterprise editions.
Namescape Corporation is an innovative provider of B2E employee directory and resource directory applications that extend the value of Microsoft’s Active Directory beyond network management, making the directory useful to everyone, in everyday activities.
Namescape focuses exclusively on the Microsoft directory technologies market – specifically, companies and organizations that depend upon Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Active Directory (AD) and Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) to run their IT infrastructure and drive their business. For more information, visit www.namescape.com or call 408.922.9909
Editors Note: Namescape names used in this document are trademarks, which may be registered in one or more jurisdictions, of Namescape Corporation. Microsoft, Active Directory and Windows are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
e-mail protected from spam bots
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/1/prweb198882.htm