The Interactive Entertainment Institute, LLC (IEI) today announced the initial line-up of speakers and sessions to coincide with the opening of registration for the Institute’s G.A.M.E.S. Synergy Summit™. This international conference and exposition is being held January 26-28, 2005, at the Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld.
Orlando, FL (PRWEB) December 1, 2004 -- Leaders from each of the convergent
G.A.M.E.S. disciplines (Government, Academia, Military, Entertainment and
Simulation) will explore firsthand the technologies and techniques that bring
the immersive and engaging quality of interactive games to beneficial
applications. These include areas such as education, homeland security, policy
insight, healthcare, simulation and training.
In keeping with the theme, “the most interesting things happen where disciplines intersect,” speakers and panelists for the Synergy Summit™ come from a full variety of G.A.M.E.S. sectors and disciplines. They include:
• Benn Aaronson, Program Manager, Battle Stations 21 (Electronic Learning Environments), NAVAIR Training Systems Division
• Robert L. Appelman, Ph.D., Executive Board, Digital Games Research Association (DiGRA) and Department of Instructional Systems Technology, Indiana University
• Waymon Armstrong, President, Engineering & Computing Simulations, Inc.
• James Brodie Brazell, Program Manager, Digital Warrior, IC2 Institute, University of Texas at Austin
• Phil Carlisle, Senior Lecturer, Bolton Institute (UK)
• Walter Cheek, Vice President, BreakAway Games Ltd.
• Warren Currell, President & CEO, Sherpa Games Inc.
• Rudolph P. Darken, D.Sc., Technical Director, The MOVES Institute & Associate Professor, Naval Postgraduate School
• Ian Davis, Ph.D., CEO, Mad Doc Software
• James Paul Gee, Ph.D., Professor, Learning Sciences, Dept. of Educational Psychology, University of Minnesota (Bridge Session Keynote Address)
• Mathew Georghiou, CEO, MediaSpark Inc. (Nova Scotia)
• Michael Macedonia, Ph.D., CTO, U.S. Army, PEO STRI (Bridge Session Keynote Address)
• Jeff A.C. Meek, Managing Partner, McCabes and Chairman, Tiga Edinburgh (Invited)
• Jonathan Newth, Managing Director, Kuju Entertainment Ltd (UK)
• Sr. Representative, NATO Modeling & Simulation Group
• Jason Robar, Founder, AisA Consulting Group
• Peter Tamte, Founder & President, Destineer
• Doug Whatley, CEO, BreakAway Games and BreakAway Federal Systems, BreakAway Ltd. (Bridge Session Keynote Address)
• Michael D. Woodman, Project Manager, Tactical Decision-making Simulations, Marine Corps Systems Command, Program Manager Training Systems
• Keith Zabalaoui, President, Atomic Games
The main conference sessions, case studies, networking events, technology exposition and academic/jobs fair will take place on Thursday and Friday, January 27th & 28th. Additional pre-conference workshops will be held on Wednesday the 26th.
The three main Bridge Sessions (“tracks”) will focus on Business Methods & Opportunities, Game-Based Education & Research, and Technologies & Techniques.
For additional speakers, working group topics and session details, refer to the conference web site, which is updated weekly: www.SynergySummit.com
Current sponsors of the G.A.M.E.S. Synergy Summit™ include: BreakAway Games Ltd. (Gold), the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission (Gold), the National Center for Simulation (Silver), GarageGames (Bronze), and Halldale Publishing’s Modeling, Simulation and Training Magazine (Media Sponsor).
Additional organizations supporting the event include:
• International Game Developers Association (IGDA) Orlando, Miami and Washington, D.C. Chapters
• TIGA (the independent game developers association - UK)
• TEA (representing creators of compelling places and experiences, worldwide)
• Games-Florida, and
• GameHorizon and Game Republic (networks representing regions of the UK).
The Interactive Entertainment Institute, LLC is founded on the premise that interactive multimedia games, and the manner in which they engage and interact with those who play them, form the most profoundly important new medium since the advent of the written word.
IEI disseminates information and facilitates collaboration between business, government and academic communities using this medium and its technologies in new, beneficial ways, and facilitates the development of new ways to explore their potential to benefit all sectors.
Contact: Cynthia Miller, Miller.Omni.Media, Inc.
(336) 768-7770; cell (336) 749-3197; e-mail protected from spam bots
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/12/prweb184360.htm