Hubworx offers free trials of their latest software suite and pay-as-you-go monthly support subscriptions.
Ayr, United Kingdom (PRWEB) June 30, 2005 -- Hubworx, provider of open source
based business solutions, today announced the immediate availability of Hubworx
Integrated Appliance Software. The new offering is an all-in-one server software
solution that provides network security and management, web-based collaboration
tools, and a thin client server complete with Open Office. The platform is also
available as a pre-installed hardware solution. A free evaluation version is
available for download at www.hubworx.com.
Subscribers to Hubworx Managed Support services can choose which modules are required and can be cancelled at any time. A subscription ensures the continuing health of the system, and safeguards valuable data. Included with a subscription:
• Daily security upgrades to ensure the system is protected from the latest viruses and hacker exploits before they can be used to compromise the security of the system.
• Automatic installation and integration of new features and software upgrades as they are released. Every subscriber has the latest version of the software.
• Automatic system health monitoring and status reports. If the system encounters a problem our support staff will automatically be notified and will immediately attempt to correct the problem remotely before it affects your daily activities. It is very unlikely that an on-site visit will be required. Our subscribers therefore free up more time to concentrate on their own business confident in the knowledge that their IT is running the way it should.
• Full access to documentation and user manuals to train staff to manage and configure the system.
• Access to our support staff, and our guarantee that we will attempt to fix your problem as fast as we can.
“The adoption of pay-as-you-go support pricing demonstrates our belief in our products. If we don’t provide superior service, support and value for money, people will rightly look elsewhere for alternative solutions. In effect this pricing structure acts as a guarantee that we will continually focus on reliability and functionality to exceed our customers’ expectations,” said Graeme Millar, Managing Director of Hubworx. “We believe we have released a real alternative to expensive software license lock-ins and that we offer a suite of products with unparalleled features, flexibility and value for money.”
The Hubworx Integrated Appliance software includes everything needed to manage a network and create a collaborative environment to boost productivity, but subscribers can choose to activate the combination of modules most suited to their unique requirements. The available modules are:
Hubworx Network Manager: The Network Manager enables the sharing of files, printers and Internet connections among multiple users, while offering the protection of advanced firewall technology. Built-in antivirus, antispam and content filtering are constantly updated to protect the integrity of the data on connected PCs.
Hubworx Web Office: A customisable intranet portal containing a collaborative suite with email and calendaring, time management and billing, online courses, and a trouble ticketing system. Web Office allows Hubworx Integrated Appliance users to access their data securely outside the office from any Internet enabled PC.
Hubworx Thin Client Manager: The Hubworx Thin Client Manager provides everything required to connect thin clients to the network, or convert obsolete PCs into thin clients. It contains a full Linux Graphical Operating System (with similar functionality to Windows) as well as a suite of Open Source Office Applications.
Hardware Platform: Hubworx Integrated Appliance software is also available pre-installed on a powerful hardware platform for those who wish to skip the initial installation and configuration steps.
Founded in 2001, Hubworx develops powerful open source based business solutions and consults on how to integrate Open Source solutions into the enterprise. Clients include IBM, Scottish Enterprise, the European Medical Evaluation Agency, Scottish Agricultural College and Athlone Institute of Technology.
Contact James Murray for more information on: e-mail protected from spam bots or +44 (0)845 838 2250 x106. Alternatively visit our website at www.hubworx.com.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/6/prweb256214.htm