SafeDesk Solutions is providing their Standard Edition free of charge as a way for all private schools to increase their technology access, SafeDesk will enable private schools to quickly and cost-effectively deploy a robust, low-maintenance Thin-Client network even with low technology expertise.
(PRWEB) May 26, 2005 -- SafeDesk is offering free thin-client software for
schools who have historically had difficulty purchasing and maintaining computer
labs due to limited resources. Through the QuickStart program, SafeDesk
Standard, the flagship product, based upon SUSE Linux is being distributed both
as a free downloadable CD or as a low-cost pre-configured server bundle that is
ready to deploy out of the box. This will provide any School, public or private
the ability to have multiple client terminals up and running in a matter of
minutes rather than days or months. In addition, it can be fully supported and
maintained remotely by qualified SafeDesk technicians.
Additional benefits of the SafeDesk Quick-Start program include:
- A free SafeDesk Standard server configuration for up to 30 users
- Discounts on future hardware and software purchases and upgrades through SafeDesk
- A personal SafeDesk account representative to discuss integration or future expansion needs.
- Periodic web-based newsletter showcasing new features and best practices
- Tiered phone and e-mail-based deployment support
- 60-days of free upgrades and maintenance service for registered SafeDesk Standard software
SafeDesk Solutions (www.safedesksolutions.com), provides commercial development and integration support for Linux Terminal Services This allows organizations that don't have the resources or expertise necessary to deploy and integrate a Linux Terminal Service network to benefit from the values of both Linux and Thin-Client computing.
More information is available at www.safedesksolutions.com/quickstart or by calling 866.465.8636.
# # #
Source : http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/5/prweb244923.htm